It’s not spring without baby animals and other farm fun, so grab your kiddos-and a camera- and get ready to oohh and ahh over furry and feathered friends, take a carriage ride and take in nature. The Ranch at Bandy Canyon is an idyllic playground for mom, dad and the kids. Get off the couch and drop the iPad, and visit the petting zoo and equestrian center at The Ranch at Bandy Canyon.
Nestled between the mountains of the San Pasqual Valley and spanning over 144 acres, The Ranch is a welcome escape from city life, boasting nature trails, large, grassy lawns and it’s a fabulous place for kids to get up close and personal with farm animals. The petting zoo is home to sheep, goats, chickens, ducks, a donkey and a pony. Children can learn all about farm animals while interacting with them and feeding all the animals’ special treats!
The Ranch is also home to a full-service equestrian facility. If your little one has been wanting to learn how to horseback ride or take a carriage ride now is the perfect time! With over 12 horses to ride, schedule a private or group horse riding lesson with the talented equestrian team. Take a trail or carriage ride around the grounds and up into the San Pasqual Valley for the perfect ending to a day outdoors.
With spring break right around the corner enroll your kids in spring break camps at The Ranch. Kids can partake in an interactive camp where they will learn how to groom, properly tack a horse, daily riding lessons, horse education and lots of crafts and games. Get the kids out of the house and let them enjoy a one-of-a-kind experience.
Spring Equestrian Camp
- March 27th through April 23rd
- Monday to Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- $325.00 per week and $300.00 for returning campers. $50.00 off second child.
- $80.00 (daily fee) for a three-day camp.
- A 50% deposit is required when making reservations and the remaining amount is due 48 hours before the camp. Cancellations must be made 72 hours with a non-refundable $50.00 fee.
- Campers must bring the following items: long pants, closed toe shoes, re-fillable water bottle, daily lunch and a change of clothes. The Ranch will provide water and snacks.