My seafood fettuccine is a very light dish that’s easy to prepare. My version isn’t as creamy as you would normally expect. I like to keep it simple with extra-virgin olive oil, butter and fresh herbs. Make sure to get a fresh baguette for extra dipping.
Get 25 of my authentic Italian recipes in my new book San Diego Italian Food: A Culinary History Of Little Italy And beyond.
Not So Creamy Seafood Fettuccine
- 2 cans minced clams
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces cocktail shrimp, precooked
- 6-ounce can crab meat
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Italian parsley
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound fettuccine, cooked according to package instructions
- Pecorino-Romano cheese, grated (as much as you like), for garnish
- Handful of freshly chopped basil, for garnish